Support Stem Cell Research

Support Stem Cell Research
In an instant lives are changed forever, with Stem Cell Research we can turn back time. It's too late for us, but there are millions of others that need this. Do your own research, make up your own mind, don't depend on what others say, and imagine your life in a wheelchair full of pain with no hope of ever dancing again.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Whew!

I really need a vacation from my vacation. This was an exhausting trip. Hauling luggage, fighting crowds, walking miles, fighting crowds, drinking too much, fighting crowds, eating too much and fighting crowds. Everywhere we went was just packed. And that makes it hard for my son to navigate when you can't get to curb cuts or small children are darting out or families are walking slowly across entire hallways. And it feels like we just missed Christmas this year, skipped it all the way. And it was cold. I was just cold the whole time.
Ok, whining over....
BUT there were no airline issues or problems, even going into Detroit 2 days after an attack and the same day as another incident. I've been in/out of Vegas a number of times and this was likely the easiest and fastest I've ever been through security. We got the middle seat empty, landed early, no worries. Of course we started at 4 am, but over by 4pm and 3 time zones. So don't listen to the fear mongers on the Today Show. Airline travel IS still possible. Really.

The new City Center just opened in Vegas, still a lot of empty spaces but also some really pretty flowers: And some odd, but cool, ice sculptures.


I did run into a friend at the Venetian. That's Mr. Dumpty to you. (yes, I made the scarf I'm wearing. It's the one my son said looked like an Abercrombie and Fitch. I think he meant that as a compliment). And we walked through the new Zegna menswear store and petted the wool. Makes me want to go shopping at Michaels for some nice fabric to play with. Really nice stuff. A nice touch on the front pocket of the men's slacks was saddle stitching for the top stitching. Very nice.
I have one day in Detroit before heading back to DC on Tuesday. I'm having dinner with a couple of friends and have them scarves for Christmas. Here they are laid out on the floor blocking (I hope). Actually, the black one may have too much acrylic to block well, but the blue is "Wool-ease" so should do ok. I knitted the blue on on the plane - going and coming. It's "Sky blue". The black was a Debbie Bliss for JoAnn's, my friend said she needed black. And I need to fringe the blue one, still.
Well, my pizza's here, so chow.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home safely! And you changed your blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a picture with that same Humpty on my birthday trip!

    Sorry you didn't have as much fun as you'd hoped. It was quite crowded and colder than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back safe and sound. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete